Position of infrastructure in the XML-Tree
- Parent: <railml>
- Children: <additionalName> (introduced with version 2.1), <infraAttrGroups> (introduced with version 2.0), <metadata> (introduced with version 2.1), <operationControlPoints>, <trackGroups> (introduced with version 2.0), <tracks> (introduced with version 2.0), <lines> (deprecated with version 2.0)
An <infrastructure> defines the header container for various infrastructure versions.
Inherited Attributes From Other Data Types
- id (introduced with version 2.0): This is the unique identifier which is used to refer to the current element. It is used for XML file internal unambiguous references. How to handle it?
- code (introduced with version 2.1): This is a short string for typical, specific abbreviations, used in different systems with the same understanding.
- name (introduced with version 2.0): This is a short name for the current item.
- description (introduced with version 2.0): This is a more detailed description as addition to the short name. It shall allow a short overview or hints to the contents of this data set.
- xml:lang (introduced with version 2.1): This is a unique identifier of language. It uses basically the language standard IETF BCP 47 which may be different to ISO 639-1 or ISO 639-2. For mapping hints see relation to other standards.
This is used for defining name and description.
- xs:anyAttribute: This provides an extension point for non-railML attributes in a foreign namespace. How to use it?
- version: This is the version number of the RailML release the current XML file conforms to. It is not any internal numbering from a version control system for the data version.
Specific Attributes of infrastructure
- rollingstockRef: This refers to the id attribute of the associated <rollingstock> element.
- timetableRef: This refers to the id attribute of the associated <timetable> element.
- infrastructureID (deprecated with version 2.0)
- id xs:ID, mandatory
a string, starting with a letter (a..zA..Z) or an underscore (_),
followed by a non-colonized and non-spaced string consisting of letters, digits, points (.), dashes (-) or underscores (_)
- code xs:string, optional
- name xs:string, optional
- description xs:string, optional
- version optional, two or three part version numbers, e.g. 1.0 up to 99.99, or 1.0.1 up to 99.99.99
There may be an additional SVN release number for testing unofficial releases, e.g. 1.1r4 or 2.0r271, where the number after 'r' points to the release number in the official railML SVN repository.
If no SVN release number is used, the officially released railML version is bounded.
For more information, see the wiki documentation about "Officially released versus developer version (Homepage, Subversion)"
- rollingstockRef xs:IDREF, optional
- timetableRef xs:IDREF, optional